CG FX Supervisor
- Dune: Part Two (2023)
- Haunted Mansion (2023)
- Uncharted (2022)
- Dune: Part One (2021)
November 2019 - Present
Senior FX Artist/ FX Lead
- Bullet train (FX)
- The King (FX Lead)
- Annihilation (FX)
September 2016 - October 2019
Senior FX Artist/FX Lead
- Captain America: Civil War (fx)
- Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur (fx)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (fx lead)
- San Andreas (fx)
- The Giver (fx)
- The Maze Runner (fx and lighting/ shading, interim fx lead)
- White House Down (fx and lighting/ shading)
- Riddick (fx and lighting)
- Elysium (fx)
- Cloud Atlas (fx)
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (fx, lighting, modeling)
- J. Edgar (fx, lighting, modeling and texturing)
- Jack & Jill (lighting and fx)
- Primarily responsible for FX creation and rendering, specializing in volumes, but also take on large lighting tasks in both Houdini and Maya, small tool creation in Houdini (often using python), and any needed modeling or shader tasks.
March 2011 - September 2016
MGM Studios- Brick House VFX
- Stargate Universe (MGM) Seasons One and Two
- As part of the Emmy-nominated in-house VFX team, collaborating closely with producers, writers, and directors to help create 15 to 50 visual effects shots per episode, often with consistency across multi-episode story arcs.
- Effects vary from generic smoke and explosions to crashing spaceships and full 3D environments.
June 2009 - March 2011
- Santa Buddies (Walt Disney) Feature Film
- To independently create, troubleshoot, and render all effects required for a 900 shot show.
- Tasks included smoke, snow, clouds, dust, Northern Lights, and dripping icicles as well as a franchise-adopted magic dust effect.
February 2009 - June 2009
Front Street Pictures
- Fireball (Sci Fi Network) Feature Film
- To model, texture, animate, and composite any assets and effects required to complete rapidly changing shot requirements on a tight budget and time line.
September 2008 - January 2009
- Create print, online, and televised advertising and marketing material using Photoshop, Flash, and Maya.
- Instigate long-term marketing schemes for a variety of businesses, including educational institutions, charities, and commercial stores.
- Long-term clients include Ontario March of Dimes and the University of Waterloo.
June 2005 - November 2007
Vancouver Film School
Diploma, 3D Animation and Visual Effects
- Specializing in 3D environments and Maya dynamics.
University of Waterloo
Bachelor of Arts, Honours Fine Arts with Deans List Honours
- Studio Specialization in Digital Imaging (using Houdini and Flash) and Painting.
- 2006-2007 University of Waterloo Faculty of Arts Departmental Award Winner for Distinguished Academic Achievement in Fine Arts, awarded to top graduating student in each department.
- Dean’s List, 2003-2007.
- Houdini, Maya, XSI, LightWave, Vue, City Engine, PFTrack, Boujou, Nuke, After Effects, Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Flash.
- Python (junior to intermediate level), MEL (junior level).